- Diary management – I will make sure that you are in the right time, at the right place, and with the correct pieces of paper.
- Minute taking and transcription – at the present time, this would be working from your own tapes, video recordings or notes. I will then distribute them as needed (I can track action points for you, too).
- Travel organisation & itinerary creation – years as a Personal Assistant has given me an extensive contacts list including some excellent travel agents. But I’m equally happy to work with your preferred supplier.
- Visa applications – very tricky to manoeuvre around if you’re not familiar with the procedures, and particularly the amount of time it can take on hold to various embassies or consulates.
- Event & hospitality planning and coordination – I’ve a number of sales conferences and Christmas parties under my belt. Perhaps the most challenging event was as lead organiser for a visit – with one month’s notice - of HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh to open the new premises for the company I was then working for. That was interesting, challenging and a host of other adjectives!
- Invoicing – working on your figures, I can prepare and despatch (either email or hard copy) your invoices and follow up on late payments.
- Business correspondence – drafting, preparing for signature and posting your various letters etc.
- Document/spreadsheet and presentation formatting – by Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Document scanning & archiving.
- Proofreading – I worked for 10 years for Oxford University Press, in the film-making department of the English Language Teaching Division. I often had to proofread scripts and supporting books. I was Personal Assistant to the Head of an Oxford College for over 12 years, and would proofread newsletters, and other fundraising documents – particularly important when the producers of such documents didn’t have English as a first language. I also proofread a book manuscript, later published by a Doctor friend of mine. I love the English Language – and know how it should read and look!
- Audio & Video Transcription / Typing Service – as an experienced secretary and administrator, I can transcribe and type all of your documents efficiently and free from errors.
- Web research.
LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT / CONCIERGE
- Personal appointments, including but not limited to restaurant and theatre bookings, airport transfers, finding your new “daily” (yes, I’ve done that, and waited in for the Aga Man). I’ve also found a clown for a private party with less than three days’ notice.
20+ years as a PA has given me an extensive contacts list and I have access to multiple networks and forums (or fora, if you prefer!) that are a fantastic source for lots of knowledgeable and experienced go-to people. Like me.